Bradley Photographic workshops are designed to immerse you in a environment that fuels your creativity, that pushes you to think, see, and approach your work differently. We strive for intimate group dynamics that emphasizes fun, productivity, and making friends. We hope you can join us.
If you have any questions regarding the details of any workshop, give me a call at 818.415.2767 or contact me directly.
- This event has passed.
The Night Sky: Joshua Tree National Park
March 9, 2016 @ 6:00 pm - March 13, 2016 @ 12:00 pm$1350
The Night Sky: at Joshua Tree National Park
Wednesday, March 9th through Sunday March 13th 2016
Price: $1350 (limited to small group size)
Jason Bradley www.BradleyPhotographic.com
Paul Zaretsky — www.paulzaretsky.com
Kerik Kouklis — www.kerik.com
Joe Platko — www.joeplatkophotography.com
- Lodging — private suite
- Room upgrades are available
- Room downgrades available — guests are welcome to book rooms to share, or stay at a more modest nearby motel or campground
- All meals
- Fine art mounted print of your work
- Most guests and all workshop group talks and meals will be held at the 29 Palms Inn (www.29palmsinn.com) in 29 Palms, CA.
- We will have an orientation on the evening of Wednesday March 9th beginning at 6:00PM.
- Field sessions will begin in the mid-afternoon and last until 10:00PM.
- A continental breakfast is provided every morning at the resort.
- Bradley Photographic will provide a home cooked meal each day for lunch–please notify us immediately of any food allergies or if you special dietary needs.
- We will provide a brown bag dinner and will eat as a group in the field.
- The workshop will end Sunday March 13th at noon
- The nearest airport with commercial flights is Palm Springs, which is about an hour commute to the resort.
The Night Sky workshop’s main focus is to explore techniques in shooting desert landscapes at night. From exposures of 30 seconds to 30 minutes, we will play with painting foregrounds subjects with light, using flash remotely, photographing stars, and creating star trail effects.
The dates of our workshop are set during the height of desert flower season, and just after the new moon so moon light will not interfere with lighting foreground subjects. Joshua trees, ocotillos, cholla cactus and most all of the desert flora are showing flowers and make for colorful imagery before or after the sun’s gone down.